Páginas

My Etsy

Monday, March 11, 2013


MINI BABY CARROT TUTORIAL
By: Helena Lima





Carrot's Body Shape:

You can start your carrot by getting 2.5 gr of a nice orange shape and just follow the direction:

1- shape into a ball, with no marks, very smooth and round

2- shape into a tear drop, with no marks and very smooth 

3- press your tear drop against the surface and make a sharp end for your carrot...... this will give a nice style to it

4- with a tool shaped as a tie or a knife with no teeth you mark the sides of your carrot........ my little trick is carving a short mark to one side and a long mark on the opposite side.

5- with a point tool I like to mark where the leaves will be placed. I also made a hole on the left-hand corner of my carrot as they are going to be used to decorate favor bags. The possibilities are endless. You can skip the hole and use your carrot as a magnet or applique.


Carrot's Leaf:

You can start your carrot's leaf by getting 1.5 gr of a nice green and follow the directions :

1- shape into a ball, with no marks, very smooth and round

2- shape into a tear drop, with no marks and very smooth 

3- press your tear drop against the surface 

12:01am

4- with a stick-shaped tool, mark both sides of the carrot by rolling the tool in one non-stop movement. Repeat the same technique for the 1 gram leaf.( it can be the brush holder or a lollipop stick) 

Let them sit and dry.



Painting:

Material Needed:

- white and darker orange acrylic paints
- angled brush and dotting pen 
- humidified cotton balls or wipes
For the leaves, I particularly love the 3-dot technique. By using white acrylic paint and my dotting pen, I apply the 3-dot technique on the corners of the leaves. (See picture)

For the leafs, I particularly love the 3-dots technique. By using white acrylic paint and my dotting pen, I apply the 3-dot technique on the corners of the leaves ( See picture)

For the carrots, I add a little bit of water to my bright orange paint and with the help of an angle brush, I fill in the details of the carrots. (See image)
For the carrots, I add a little bit of water to my bright orange paint and with the help of a angle brush, I fill in the details of the carrots. (See image)


I primarily work with cold porcelain, but you can apply the same technique when working with fondant, for example.

If you use this tutorial, I would love to hear from you!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by. Check back for more fun and easy tutorials!

Best,

Helena




No comments:

Post a Comment